Almost the entire state of North Dakota is experiencing blizzard-like conditions, so I figured it’d be a great day to stay indoors and try out some new recipes! These cookies from Picky Palate are amazing, and the M&M’s can easily be substituted for something of your preference. They also include my favorite cookie ingredient: vanilla pudding mix! It keeps them soft and fluffy.
Mix your sugars and butter (at room temperature!) together until combined. Add your egg and vanilla mixing to combine.
Then add your flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt, stirring to combine. Lastly, stir in your chips and m&m’s.
Drop medium-sized scoops on a lined cookie sheet:
Cook for 10-12 minutes and let cool.
They come out looking like this:
Fluffy and colorful! Enjoy!
- 1 stick/1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 3 tablespoons Instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1-1 1/2 cups Mini M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl cream your butter and sugars until well combined. Add your egg and vanilla mixing to combine. Add your flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt, stirring to combine. Add chips and m&m’s stirring to combine.
- With a medium cookie scoop, place dough 1 inch apart from each other. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cooked through. Let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Makes 2 dozen cookies